Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Student Spotlight- Adam Stuart

IIC Student Spotlight





1) What undergraduate college did you attend? Where?

I achieved a BBA from The Eastern Michigan University's College of Business

2) What was your undergraduate focus?

My focus was in Information Technology and Systems Management, with a minor in Psychology


3) How did you become interested in the IIC Program?

I had been searching Peace Corps Fellows programs for a unique mix between International Studies and Journalism, and having lived in Colorado before Peace Corps, I was especially drawn to Denver.


5) What is your favorite place where you've traveled/lived so far?

I usually answer that Turkey is my favorite place to visit.  I used to love Italy for many of the same reasons, including excellent food, a Mediterranean climate, mountains, history, and a complex cultural component; however, the commercialization of Italy under the European Union is homogenizing much of the best of Italy.  My favorite place to live, although I stayed for several months in Istanbul, will likely always be my little village of Chisenga in Northern Malawi, where I served in the Peace Corps.
6) Do you have a dream job? What?

My dream job would be to run a specialized NGO here in the United States, the details of which are still being hashed out.  Either that, or I would love to be an international journalist.


7) What is your favorite part about the IIC program thus far (i.e. favorite class)?

Professor Thompson's class is extremely engaging and a wonderful foundation in communications for a non-communications undergrad.  Just the same, my favorite class at Korbel has been Conflict Resolution with Karen Feste where we simulated a live, 8 hour negotiation between delegations of Palestine, Israel, the Russian Federation, The EU, and others.


8) Anything else you would like to share?

I'm thinking of taking the documentary film making class in order to get some hands on experience going along with some journalism, too.  However, a class in investigative journalism or photography for journalists would be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment